Monday, June 15, 2009

Finished Seeding





Roger finished seeding last night at about 8 o'clock. He finished up with a paddock of peas and oats for a fodder crop which will be for the lambs when they are weaned later in the year (they're not born yet!)
While he was working yesterday the rest of us went out to the paddock and had a picnic with him for lunch. Sophie and Bonnie made the picnic while I was out feeding sheep, so we had plenty of goodies to eat.
After our picnic lunch the kids played in their bush "house" in the paddock, and took turns doing a lap on the tractor with Dad. I burnt up some piles that Roger had pushed up when he was cleaning up the paddock before cropping. One of the piles I lit caught onto a standing but nearly dead tree, which made for some interesting photography. I photographed it as the sun went down, and then again when I took Sophie and Bonnie out to ride with Dad after dinner.






No comments: