Monday, November 16, 2009

Dead Snake




Believe it or not, a snake had not been sighted at Warragal Park since its establishment in 1952/53. That all changed today, during lunch time. Two of the shearing crew were sitting in their ute outside the shearing shed, when they alerted Roger to a large dugite close by. Not having a shot gun, Roger wasn't going to shoot it. The shearer offered to run over it, but missed on the first attempt. The second time the snake was run over, but it crawled up into the wheel arch of the vehicle and onto the motor inside. So apparently the whole crew were gathered around the ute trying to get the snake out. Unfortunately I was not here with my camera to capture the antics in pictures. But I have got a photo of Roger with the snake in the dark which I took when I got home tonight.



No comments: