Friday, December 18, 2009

Four Years Old


Hugh turned four years old today.
I was woken rather early this morning by one very excited little boy. He was excited because Dad told him he had to get up early because they were going to Busselton to pick up Matthew, and they were going to go to the motorbike shop.
It also happened to be his birthday, so he had to wake the rest of the household before he could open his presents. He didn't have to open Pompon, his puppy, which was his early birthday present.
I wish his Nanna could have seen his face when he opened the present she and Granddad posted to him. His face looked puzzled, and then his eyes grew wide and his face beamed as he removed the remote-controlled car from the packaging. Luckily Nanna had told me the gift needed batteries, so I had charged up four batteries in preparation. (She had tried to post the batteries with the car, but they were lithium and not allowed to be posted.)
Hugh also unwrapped a toy motorbike, a toothbrush and a few other things, and a cricket bat and ball. I was required to run around outside in my nightgown (well my knickers and singlet, but nightgown sounds much more respectable, don't you think?) playing cricket to Hugh's rules, which involved him doing most of the batting and me doing most of the fetching balls.
After breakfast Roger and Hugh left, and they are staying the night at Busselton. For his birthday dinner Hugh chose fish and chips to be eaten in a park. I hope they enjoyed it!

4 comments:

smarcoux said...

salut les telfers,
bon anniversaire hugh.
déja 4 ans! waouh, ca passe si vite.
ze marcoux

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

The Telfers at Warragal Park said...

You are welcome to quote the blog as long as you attribute it to us, and add a link.
You didn't say who was asking? Is it Enya?

The Telfers at Warragal Park said...

You are welcome to quote the blog as long as you attribute it to us, and add a link.
You didn't say who was asking? Is it Enya?