Friday, January 8, 2010

2 0 1 0

Is it too late to say HAPPY NEW YEAR?
Already a week has gone of 2010 and this is the first time I have been onto the blog.
I have been spending a lot of time at the swimming pool in Darkan. Not actually swimming, but watching the swimming lessons. Matthew, Sophie, Bonnie and Odette were all taking part in the vacswim (vacation swimming) lessons. Bonnie started at 9:00, Sophie at 9:55, Odette and Matt at 11:00. That means three hours each morning were tied up. But I did actually manage to slip away a few times and go to my studio to download photos. This morning was the last day and I didn't need to get into town until the 11:00 lesson, because all three girls slept over at their friend Kirtsy's house last night. So I slept in!!
Kirsty's brother Jake has spent three nights here this week. He is mates with Matthew and has been a good help to Roger with sheep work on the farm. Last night I thought the swap of three girls for one boy was well and truly stacked in my favour!

Matthew had to swim in his clothes to pass stage 12 - he's just taken them off.

Floating in the water with discarded shoes...

Matthew and Jake on the farm

Shearing started on Monday, and will finish this afternoon. We didn't have a long shearing this January because we shore a lot of sheep in November. That means we should have time to take a holiday! I have booked my parents' house at Bremer Bay for ten days (15 - 25th of January).

Here is a before and after shot of some sheep.

Before...

After...


No comments: